Accepts Healthy Volunteers
Healthy volunteers are participants who do not have a disease or condition, or related conditions or symptoms
An interventional clinical study is where participants are assigned to receive one or more interventions (or no intervention) so that researchers can evaluate the effects of the interventions on biomedical or health-related outcomes.
An observational clinical study is where participants identified as belonging to study groups are assessed for biomedical or health outcomes.
Searching Both is inclusive of interventional and observational studies.
|Eligible Ages||18 Years and Over|
- - Patients with unresectable stage III or stage IV cutaneous melanoma, as per American Joint Committee on Cancer (AJCC) (Version 8) staging system (must have been histologically confirmed at least once during course of disease).
- - Patients must be primary refractory or non-responding to anti-PD-1 therapy (either as monotherapy or in combination with Ipilimumab) - Measurable disease by computer tomography (CT) or Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) per immune-related response evaluation criteria in solid tumors (irRECIST) 1.1 criteria, with longest diameter for non-nodal lesions ≥ 10 mm and ≥ 15 mm in short axis for nodal lesions.
- - At least one tumor site (either primary site or metastasis) must be accessible for sequential biopsies and patient must consent to the 2 mandatory biopsies.
- - Patients who achieved a CR or PR, during or after prior anti-PD-1 mono- or anti-CTLA-4/anti-PD-1 combination therapy.
- - Patients with symptomatic brain metastases/central nervous system (CNS) involvement.
- - Patients with inadequate organ function.
This trial id was obtained from ClinicalTrials.gov, a service of the U.S. National Institutes of Health, providing information on publicly and privately supported clinical studies of human participants with locations in all 50 States and in 196 countries.
Phase 1: Studies that emphasize safety and how the drug is metabolized and excreted in humans.
Phase 2: Studies that gather preliminary data on effectiveness (whether the drug works in people who have a certain disease or condition) and additional safety data.
Phase 3: Studies that gather more information about safety and effectiveness by studying different populations and different dosages and by using the drug in combination with other drugs.
Phase 4: Studies occurring after FDA has approved a drug for marketing, efficacy, or optimal use.
|Phase 1/Phase 2|
The sponsor is the organization or person who oversees the clinical study and is responsible for analyzing the study data.
The person who is responsible for the scientific and technical direction of the entire clinical study.
|Dirk Schadendorf, MD|
|Principal Investigator Affiliation||Universitätsklinikum Essen|
Category of organization(s) involved as sponsor (and collaborator) supporting the trial.
The disease, disorder, syndrome, illness, or injury that is being studied.
Experimental: 4SC-202 + Pembrolizumab
Single arm study of 4SC-202 in combination with Pembrolizumab
Drug: - 4SC-202 in combination with Pembrolizumab
4SC-202 in combination with Pembrolizumab
Contact a Trial Team
If you are interested in learning more about this trial, find the trial site nearest to your location and contact the site coordinator via email or phone. We also strongly recommend that you consult with your healthcare provider about the trials that may interest you and refer to our terms of service below.